Another Fashion Week is among us! I’ll tell anyone in a heartbeat that I am more into style than fashion, but FW is a great way for me to get inspired about new trends, and gives me an idea about what is going to trickle down into the stores I shop in.
I took a look at some stills from the Chanel, Celine, Chalayan, Vandevost and Emanuel Ungaro shows and compiled a few things that I loved. I also have links below on where to find budget friendly versions of these new trends!
1. Clutches with hand-strap details – I’m really excited about this trend. I love clutches but cupping my hands can make them cramp, and tucking it under my arm is not the most functional. The hand strap makes it perfect! It also compliments the hands as much as it does the outfit, win win! Get the look with a more budget friendly option here.
2. Sexy Sportswear – OBSESSED with this trend! Last year, it was all about mixing designer sweatshirts with pencil skirts and sexy leggings. Now, the trend is going further! Designer sweatpants and skirts are great for pairing. I even purchased a pair of cheap quilted sweats from Rainbow last Saturday and lived in them on Sunday. Click here for a budget friendly sweatshirt that would be worthy of any event!
3. Grid Patterns – I am not fan of plaid, and fall and winter are the season for gingham shirts paired with sweaters or worn on their own. Grid patterns are an excellent way for me to benefit from the print, but not feel like a lumberjack. Take a look at this adorable skirt set!
4. Colorful Pencil Skirts – Pencil Skirts are like a classic mens shirt. They are here to stay (thank god!) But choosing a print that needs nothing but a chic, solid top is amazing to take any look to the next level. I’m all for trying colors, but certain palletes make me more comfortable to bring brights into fall. I like jewel tones. Aubergines, Emeralds and Sapphires. This skirt encompasses all of that.
5. Modern Cuts – Where do I begin with my love for abstract cuts of clothing. They are cool to look at, hide problem areas and instantly set you apart from the crowd! I love the way pieces like this look fresh off the runway. I found this wrap coat that embodies that cool girl vibe with effortless style.
6. Sheer Details – I’m all about sheer clothing, but it’s difficult to transition it into cold weather. Also, since I am inching toward 30, I’m nervous to purchase sheer clothing! This dress however, keeps you covered without sacrificing sex appeal. Paired with tall boots, it’s a winner!
What trends are you excited about?