Every song on this list has a beautiful string element. Enjoy!
Even though I LOVE department store makeup, nothing beats amazing finds at the drugstore and beauty supply store. I decided to try new things and also buy some favorites. Here are some great things I found!
1. Natural Oasis Herbal Finisher - Also known as “Liquid Gold” I use this everyday to coat my strands. It smells delightful and gives my hair an amazing shine without weighing it down.
2. Cover Girl Smoothers BB Cream – I’m so late on the BB train, but I am in LOVE with this product! I was wasting a lot of time in the morning with my makeup, and honestly I prefer to sleep until the last possible second. I just smooth this on for light coverage and I’m done!
3. Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Trouble Maker – Although there are trendier brands of nail polish out there, this one is a fave. I snagged this eggplant shade and after two days…still no chips!
4. NYX Pore Filler – So I’m always working to perfect the “Barbie” smooth skin effect with my concealer and foundation. This primer works wonders with that and even looks great on bare skin.
5. Wet N’ Wild Mega Impact Mascara – I needed to throw away my old mascara and I decided to try a new kind of Mascara just to see how it works. I decided on this Wet N’ Wild Mega Impact indulging in my cheap drugstore thrill. I have to say It’s not my favorite, but I will be keeping it in my desk drawer at work for Happy Hour touch ups.
I also scored a pack of Bobby Pins because, where do those things go??!
Enjoy this one! In a throwback kinda mood.
Oh, and btw I LOOOVVVEEEE the person that puts these playlists together.
Last weekend was romantic. VERY ROMANTIC. I was feeling the love on Friday and instead of wearing red or pink I decided to wear romance on my face and take on the day looking and feeling like a vixen.
I adore Valentine’s Day and use any excuse to get dolled up for a day and prance around. For this look, I left my face pretty bare, just added a touch of liquid foundation (no concealer) to even out my skin tone, added a touch of bronze eye shadow to my lids, blended into the crease, and finished with RiRiWoo Lipstick and two coats of my favorite mascara.
Geez I felt good this day, and had a wonderful night with my luuuvvaaahhhh.
What did you do?
The international day of LOVE! You know I’m all over this day. Whether you are with a significant other, a potential, alone or with friends enjoy these romantic tunes!
If you have been loving the playlist Fridays, you can find the mastermind on Twitter at @icanb34
[Taken outside of my balcony.]
The weather here has been awful. Very Awful. It’s been the coldest, rainiest, snowiness, most unpredictable winter I have ever encountered, and I am NOT a fan. Today was the first “snow” day I’ve had. By snow day I mean, I didn’t have to go to work. I’m all about days off, but days like today when I am not only off but bound to the house due to 10+ inches of snow, it leaves a huge question of what to do that day. So while the second round of snow pursues, and the lights flicker here’s a list of how I feel snow days should be spent.
1. Enjoy a hot cup of coffee, while in your underwear staring at the freshly fallen snow before it’s cleared.
2. Eat a delicious breakfast.
3. Muster up the energy to dig out your car if you are not in a garage (Then try to build a snowman, throw a snowball and stick out your tongue to catch a snowflake.)
4. Watch a new movie.
6. Eat an even more delicious lunch.
7. Read back issues of your favorite magazines.
8. Put on a face mask.
10. Enjoy a hot cup of tea.
11. Clean your makeup brushes
12. Bake something..like whole wheat biscuits. Yum.
What do you do during snow days?
So while the rest of the fashion bloggers are enjoying NYFW, I’m one of the few that MUST stay local and work. *folds arms* Luckily, D.C. has their own version of fashion week events including a look into new collections and showings of the real runway shows along with specialty fashion cocktails and retail deals. I went to a sneak peak event last night for Tory Burch and I was so inspired by the easy, springy prep feel of this collection.
What do you think?